You can help make the IPM Experience House a reality through your generous help. Your donations will go directly toward developing urban IPM training opportunities for Texas pest management professionals. All donors will be recognized on‐site and through the IPM Experience House website.
The overall fundraising goal for IPM Experience House was $250,000. Approximately $100,000 of this total was required for remodeling/redesign and furnishing of the existing building site (Phase I). Thanks to the generosity of industry and AgriLife Extension we have reached our $100,000 goal and are finishing final redesigns and furnishing of our existing facility. This has included updating the interior/exterior, improving accessibility and installing special features to show normally hidden pest signs and construction features.
We are currently fund-raising for Phase II. Phase II will include an outdoor covered pavilion (see picture) will require an additional $150,000. The pavilion will provide space for real and simulated pesticide applications, emergency response drills and greatly expanded building features that could not be demonstrated with the existing house. Phase II will also include establishing teaching faculty and curricula to go with our site.
Donations are made through the Texas A&M Foundation and are tax-deductible. Checks should be made payable to the Texas A&M Foundation with a memo line designation for “Experience House”. Send to Department of Entomology, Texas A&M University, Minnie Belle Heep Center Room 412, College Station TX 77843‐2475
Levels of Financial Donations
- Cornerstone Donor ($60,000+) – Donor wall and website recognition, Pavilion naming rights
- Leadership Donors ($25-59,000) – Donor wall and website recognition, Room naming rights
- Investor Donors ($10-24,000) – Donor wall and website recognition
- Supporting Donors ($5-9,000) – Donor wall and website recognition
- Contributing Donors (up to $5,000) – Donor wall and website recognition
In addition to financial donations, we may be able to use your in-kind donations of pest control equipment and supplies, building furnishings and your time and expertise for training classes.
Things we are currently looking for include:
- Gently used stainless steel kitchen furniture
- Hospital carts and IV supplies
- Restaurant service area furnishings, including a gently used seating booth
- Live German cockroaches, carpenter ants for indoor colonies.
- Pest control equipment including portable power duster
If you think you have items that we could use, please don’t bring to our location without calling or emailing first. It’s best to take a picture of the item and send to Mike Merchant, along with dimensions (furniture). We will let you know if it is something we can use. We are currently very limited in storage capacity for items we cannot use immediately.
If you are interested in serving as an instructor for a class, we would love to talk with you. Contact Mike Merchant if you have an idea for a course, or want to donate your expertise as an instructor.