Registration is now open for our first ever bed bug training academy at IPM Experience House.
What: This class will provide basic and advanced training in bed bug recognition, treatment methods and problem solving. Registration open until September 25, or until the class is full. Class size limited to 20. No refunds after September 23.
Where: Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center, Building E Classroom.
When: September 25, 2019. 8:15 am to 5 pm.
Instructors: Mike Merchant, Janet Hurley, Alan Brown. (CEUs: 8 hours verified training in Pest Category, 1 CEU IPM, 1 CEU Pest)
How to Register: Click here to register online.
- [8:15 – 8:30 am] Pre-test
- [8:30 am] Introductions/orientation
- [8:45 am] Introduction to bed biology & ID [classroom – Merchant]
- [9:45 am] Break
- [10:00 am] Introduction to IPM, monitoring, inspections [classroom – Hurley]
- [11:00 am] Round 1 Stations. Stations [IPM House – All instructors]
- Inspection: sofas [Merchant]
- Heat treatment – solarization [Hurley]
- Heat treatment setup [Brown]
- [12:00 pm] Lunch
- [12:30 pm] Control options for bed bugs [Classroom – Brown]
- Dusts for bed bug control
- [2:15 pm] Round 2 Stations [IPM House – All instructors]
- Bed bug ID [Merchant]
- Checking heat treatment [Brown]
- Applying insecticides [JJ]
- [3:30 pm] Thresholds and low-income customers [classroom – Brown]
- What is a threshold?
- Options for low-income customers
- Other options?
- [4:00 pm] Mystery bugs and bed bugs [classroom – Merchant]
- What are mystery bugs?
- Delusional clients
- [4:15] Problem solving exercise. [Classroom – all instructors]
- [4:45 pm] Evaluations and Post-test
- [5:00 pm] Dismissal